Search Warrant in Niagara Falls Leads to Seizure of Illegal Drugs – niagarapolice.ca
Emergency: 9 1 1
In April 2022, detectives from the Niagara Regional Police Service (NRPS), 2 District (Niagara Falls/Niagara-On-The-Lake) Street Crime Unit, commenced an investigation into the distribution of illegal drugs within the city of Niagara Falls.
In the afternoon hours of April 4th, 2022, detectives executed a search warrant and arrested the suspect in the area of Ferry Street and Clark Avenue, in the city of Niagara Falls. As a result of the investigation 15.2 grams of fentanyl, 54.5 grams of cocaine, and 64.4 grams of crystal methamphetamine was seized. The combined estimated street value is $8700.00.
Orlando DACOSTA (42 years) of Niagara Falls is charged with the following offences:
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking fentanyl – Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine – Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking methamphetamine – Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
• Fail to comply with undertaking x2 – Criminal Code of Canada
Jennifer DAY (39 years) of Cambridge is also charged with the following offence:
• Fail to comply with undertaking – Criminal Code of Canada
DACOSTA was held for a bail hearing and will attend the Robert S.K. Welch Courthouse located at 59 Church Street, in the city of St. Catharines via video link on April 5th, 2022.
DAY was released from the scene on an Undertaking and is scheduled to appear at the Robert S.K. Welch Courthouse located at 59 Church Street, in the city of St. Catharines on June 15th, 2022.
Anyone with information about this investigation is asked to contact detectives at 905-688-4111, extension #1022200
Subscribe to this Page
Serving and Protecting the Regional Municipality of Niagara
© 2019 Niagara Regional Police Service
Designed by eSolutions
Headquarters 5700 Valley Way Niagara Falls, ON L2E 1X8, T: (905) 688-4111