EDM musician Charles Ingalls died from cocktail of drugs including cocaine, fentanyl – Tennessean

EDM musician Charles Ingalls died after overdosing on a cocktail of drugs including cocaine and fentanyl, Davidson County autopsy and toxicology results released this week show.
Ingalls was discovered dead by a friend in a room at a Nashville hotel on McGavock Pike on Dec. 10, the Metro Nashville Police Department reported. He was 25.
At the scene, investigators said there was no evidence of trauma to the Reno, Nevada-based musician’s body.
A four-page autopsy, conducted Dec. 11 by Davidson County Forensic Pathologist Chester Gwin, shows Ingalls died as a result of “combined toxic effects of alprazolam, cocaine, fentanyl and mitragynine.”
Gwin ruled his manner of death an accident.
Mitragynine is an alkaloid found in the plant kratom, which originates from Asia. The leaves of the plant are consumed for their stimulant and analgesic effects, Ingall’s toxicology report reads.
Toxicology results show he also tested positive for other drugs including clonazepam and benzoylecgonine. 
Ingalls was in Nashville for a Dec. 11 show scheduled at The Caverns concert hall in Pelham.
Ingalls, who went by the stage name CharlestheFirst, was from Reno, Nevada. He worked as an electronic dance musician (EDM).
Natalie Neysa Alund is based in Nashville at The Tennessean and covers breaking news across the South for the USA TODAY Network. Reach her at nalund@tennessean.com and follow her on Twitter @nataliealund.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *